52 Week Money Challenge


Happy New Year! I hope you are excited about all the fabulous and amazing things that’s going to happen for you this year! My motto… Be Happy, Be Exciting, Be FABulous! Expect  Gods FABness and put the in work! I wanted to share a group that i'm in on Facebook. Cindy Tyler of Houston, Texas shared this amazing savings plan and idea for her friends. Now I’m not sure who the original author is of this plan but it has gone viral and being shared all over social media.

One of my goals this year, {sidebar} notice I said “goals” and not resolutions was to come up with a personal savings plan. Now I already have one in place through my bank in which I pay myself $20 weekly, but this one I think its just absolutely fabulous to do and something that everyone can join in on.

It’s called the 52 Week Money Challenge Plan. For example, there are 52 weeks in a year. So each week you deposit the number of the week that were in a savings account. For example this is the 1st week of 2013, so you will deposit $1.00 into your savings account. Next week will be Week 2, so you will deposit $2, and so on. The biggest amount you will deposit is $52.00 and that will be the very last week of 2013. Now isn’t that simple and easy?! There’s no club to join, no pyramids, meetings, schemes, none of that crap that “Ain’t Nobody Got Time For”! You are investing in yourself! I’m going to do it and I’m excited about. There are several ways to do it, just come up with a plan that's affordable for you. Who know's you may save enough for that get-a-way that you've been wanting! I hope you will join me! 


Cheers to the FABlife,
Takila J